Organising & Planning A Framing Business (BDD1)
This is a one day course, running from 10.00 am – 5.00 pm. It is the first of two days exploring the business side of framing, which along with a second day and 5 practical workshops, forms the Business Development week. The two business development days can be purchased without any of the other workshops and will provide a strong foundation in how to organise, plan and start a framing business.
This is a one day course running from 10.00 am – 5.00 pm
Q What previous experience should I have?
The Business Development days are aimed at people starting out with framing who have decided to explore the possibility of beginning a new business venture. In some cases it will be a completely new challenge, whereas for others it will lead to the development of an additional income source, running alongside complementary services such as photography or running an arts based retail outlet.
If you are signing up for just business days, it is helpful if you iether have some experience already of framing or have completed our two entry level courses:
BASICS OF FRAMING
MOUNT CUTTING AND DECORATION
Q What will the course cover?
Organising & Planning a Framing Business (Business Development Day 1) has the overall brief to start the process of planning the way forward. During that day we use seminars, discussion, activities and set aside time to make a start with organising your own thoughts. The areas covered are:
- An introduction to the framing process: demonstration and close up view of the professional tools of the trade, and considerations that need to be taken into account at each step of of the process;
- Gathering information about starting a business;
- Planning for action so that targets and deadlines are met;
- Considerations for creating a framing workshop (at home or in business premises)
- Principles behind developing a pricing structure and how to “cost” a framing job;
- First day of trading: being prepared
- Ideas for bespoke framing that are simple to achieve and boost profit margins;
Q What do I need to bring with me?
There is no need to bring any special items for the two Business Development Days.
Book Now or View More Courses