FRAMING SPORTS JERSEYS
This is a specialist training day, looking at a specific element of memorabilia framing – Sports Jerseys / Clothing.
Although many aspects of workshop are similar to skills outlined in 3D framing, the day concentrates on particular elements specific to working with framing clothing.
It is run as a one day course, running from 10.00 am until 5.00 pm
What previous experience should I have?
It is essential that students have some picture framing knowledge and have, at least, completed BASICS OF FRAMING and MOUNT CUTTING & DECORATION. People must be confident with making 2D frames with mounts, as this is a packed day and we will be working on a larger scale than usual.
Trainers will assume that you are:
- Familiar with specialist tools used in basic framing;
- Able to cut mitres in mouldings and know how to form and fix a frame.
- Know how to plan, mark out and cut mounts
What will the course cover?
This type of framing allows the framer to indulge their own creativity and cunning as they can produce unique and decoratively displayed exhibits.
The content for this day is similar to the process outlined in 3D Framing however there is no need to build a box frame. Instead we cover some areas specific to framing sports jerseys and clothing. Through clear explanation, demonstration and your own “hands on” practice, you will learn about general principles:
- how objects and collectibles can be displayed
- how to create depth in a frame
- how to support clothing in a frame;
- methods of attaching onto a back board
You will also be reminded of a range of framing skills when;
- building a deep rebate frame;
- creating a spacer frame;
- designing and making a support insert;
- sewing in the supported item
- assembling the whole, framed object;
- using the appropriate fixings for hanging this type of frame
Cost includes all tools and materials supplied.
What do I need to bring with me?
For this special session you should bring along a sports jersey, or similar item of clothing, for framing. You will leave the course with a framed sport’s jersey – project value £95 – £110
Please note that we will be folding between 25% & 40% of the shirt “under” so signatures below that fold point may be lost (height from collar to fold 460 mm)
Book Now or View More Courses