Creating Business Success (BDD2)
This is a one day course, running from 10.00 am – 5.00 pm. This is the second of two business development days, which along with the first day (Organising & Planning A Framing Business) and 5 practical workshops, forms the Business Development week. The two business development days can be purchased without any of the other workshops and will provide a strong foundation in how to organise, plan and start a framing business.
This is a one day course, running from 10.00 am – 5.00 pm
Q What previous experience should I have?
The Business Development days are aimed at people starting out with framing who have decided to explore the possibility of starting a new business venture. In some cases it will be a completely new challenge, whereas for others it will lead to the development of an additional income source, running alongside complementary services such as photography or running an arts based retail outlet.
If you are signing up for just business days, it is helpful if you iether have some experience already of framing or have completed our two entry level courses:
BASICS OF FRAMING
MOUNT CUTTING AND DECORATION
Q What will the course cover?
Creating Business Success (Business Development Day 2) is all about bringing customers to your business by marketing, creating a unique framing service and targeting partcular customer groups. This day, in particular, draws upon the experience of Duncan McDonald, his early years working from home, how he set up a thriving gallery based framing business through to the recent launch of All About Framing. This really is an “ideas” day and one which will provide you with a huge bank of inovative but parctical tips that you can tailor to the business you will be setting up. The areas covered are:
- How to provide a distinctive service;
- Understanding the needs of your target customers – the value of market research
- Where framing fits into work portfolio
- High street premises V’s Home business
- Marketing essentials for a new business
- Marketing on a shoestring budget
- What makes you stand out from the rest (Your USP)
- Advertising …. ads that win business
- Database marketing: identifying new market trends; how to get a slice of the action
- How to run a smooth operation
- Business Finances: promotions and discounts; business accounting and cash management (the VAT man and Inland revenue); the importance of managing accounts
- Generating new business: the golden pot of opportunity (and how to fill it); innovate to accumulate (don’t talk about it .. do it); expanding your empire
Q What do I need to bring with me?
There is no need to bring any special items for the two Business Development Days.
Book Now or View More Courses